PETER YOUNG, CMRS
Peter Young has been working in Indoor Air Quality since the 1970’s. Educated as a Mechanical Engineer, Peter has owned his own business in England and has worked globally including places like Hong Kong, Singapore, and Japan. While abroad, Peter primarily worked in hospitals and large commercial facilities training personnel in Air Quality.
In 2003, Peter formed EnviroCheck Corporation, located in North Idaho, to meet the growing demand for mold inspections and remediation as sampling became more prevalent. Since then, EnviroCheck has worked with Realtors, Home Builders, Home Inspectors and Building Contractors.
WHERE CAN MOLD BE FOUND?
Mold can be found in several areas in the home environment. It appears most often in moist areas as little black circles or thread-like white objects. It is usually accompanied with a musty-type odor.
Mold will not grow without water or moisture. Therefore, it is important to dry water-damaged areas and items within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
Some examples of places where mold can be found inside the home include:
- Basements, kitchens, around bathroom vanities, washer/dryer area
- The underside of carpets and pads.
- The surface of walls behind furniture (where condensation forms).
- Ceilings and the top side of ceiling tiles.
- Front and back side of dry wall, wallpaper or paneling.
- Inside HVAC systems and duct work.
GET YOUR HOME INSPECTED TODAY!
We’re the specialists you’re looking for